Sunday, March 2, 2008

Aurora Antonovic - Three Questions

Aurora Antonovic, author, artist, poet, and Editor-in-Chief of the new literary journal, Magnapoets, visits Blogging Along Tobacco Road this week with her answers to Haiku – Three Questions:




1. Why do you write haiku?

I write haiku because I love poetry, and think that haiku's brevity is perfect for capturing and emphasizing the potency of topics such as love and death, the subjects I write about the most.

2. What other poetic forms do you enjoy?

I love tanka and sonnets the most at present.

3. Of the many wonderful haiku you've written, what do you consider to be your top three? (Please provide original publication credits.)


birthday —
the backwards struggle
of the butterfly

first published in Simply Haiku

fading light
the old man and
his cracked tea cup

published in Full Moon, the Makata, and tiny words

spring rain
the crumpled obituary
by my bed

published in The Heron's Nest and tiny words





Please consider sending your answers to the same three questions. My goal is to make Haiku - Three Questions a weekly feature. You can submit your answers by clicking on the Contact link on this page.

Next week, Roberta Beary.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the potency of the struggle toward moving on delivered beautifully here - glad I stopped to read